The Sheth Foundation supports organizations and events aligned with the foundation’s goal to promote the development and recognition of scholars and marketing scholarship globally. It has donated millions of dollars to nonprofit organizations around the world since its founding in 1991. The Sheth Foundation is a supporting organization of the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta, located in Atlanta, Georgia.
The mission of the Sheth Foundation is to promote the development of marketing scholarship by focusing on three areas:
- Knowledge Creation – the generation of new marketing insights and scholarship
- Knowledge Recognition – includes awards, grants and other activities designed to express appreciation and elevate the contributions of individual academics
- Knowledge Dissemination – the communication or distribution of insights on new and emerging marketing topics within the field of marketing and business
The Sheth Foundation supports various organizations, awards and events that fulfill these goals.
Hover over the slides to stop the rotation.
When we started the Sheth Foundation in 1991, our aim was to help influence future generations of marketing professionals. But we also sought to inspire innovation in the field of marketing.
We found that the recipient organizations, those organizations through which Sheth Foundation grants are awarded, were the closest to the thinkers and researchers who add value to the marketing discipline. In considering the success of this organization, we, along with the invaluable Board of Directors determined that these Recipient Organizations should evaluate and identify the brightest minds in the field.
We are delighted to find that our continuing goal of advancing in the field of marketing and related areas is being achieved through the promotion of knowledge, sustained academic scholarship, and research innovation.
– Jagdish & Madhu Sheth
The Sheth Foundation is fortunate to count globally recognized marketing scholars as members of its dedicated, volunteer Board. These individuals hold Professor and Endowed Chair positions at some of the world’s most prestigious universities. The current members include:
Emeritus Board Members
Persons who have previously served on the Board of Directors for The Sheth Foundation include:
- Kent Monroe
- Barbara Kahn
- Linda Price
- Richard Lutz
- Madhu Viswanathan.
- Lawrence Feick, Ph.D. (1991-2005, 2007-2012)
- George Day (2000 – 2005)
- Tomas Hult (2010 – 2019)
- Dawn Iacobucci (2007 – 2009)
- Deborah MacInnis, Ph.D. (2011 – 2013)
- Tom Mentzer (1991 – 2003)
- Robert (Bob) Peterson (2001 – 2009)
- Madhu Sheth (2007 – 2011)
- William (Bill) Sturtevant (1991 – 2011)
- Seymour Sudman (1993 – 2000)
- Vernon Zimmerman (1991 – 1993)